I’ve never really been much of a New Year’s resolution type of person and while i do occasionally think about it, nothing ever gets written down on paper nor do actions get executed.
But much to my surprise, this all changed when i stumbled upon the blog camilliestyles, which truly inspired me. From this blog, i discovered a brilliant and different way to create a New Year’s resolution. There is an element of creativity involved, where you choose your own words and photos to create your New Year’s resolutions, which is a fun enough approach to get me excitingly dancing on my tippy toes!!!
As this is my first proper written down New Year’s resolution on this blog (and my life), i have thought deeply and clearly about what i hope to achieve this year and hopefully, many years down the line. May this be a constant reminder for myself to keep focus and have a balance in life.
To keep it short and sweet, and to the point, i’ve come up with 3 words. And while i know we have entered February and i’m a tad bit behind in doing this, i always think “better later than never”.
So ready or not, here are my New Year words!!!
- Learn to love myself before loving others
- Cherish loved ones – families, friends, and anybody that has made a difference in my life
- Live life to the fullest with no regret
- Smile and stay positive and if i fall off track, always pick myself up and keep going
- Eat healthy and wisely but treat myself to the occasional treats (aka junk food!)
- Create a better filing system in my room to avoid clutter and distress
- Save more money for unforeseeable future plans
- Treat myself to more facials and other pampering treatments (have t0 finish my facial package before it expires in March!!!)
- More gym sessions and out door sports activities such as hiking, biking, tennis, bowling, etc
- Patience is a virtue – never forget that
- Listen more and speak less
- Seek to understand then to be understood
- Keep a calm mind and don’t get agitated easily (both in work or personal life related issues)
- Don’t rush through life- take notice of the smaller things because they are usually the bigger things in life
- Be open to new opportunities and take chances in life
- Participate in more social events and meet new people, such as art gallery exhibitions, charities, reunion dinners, etc
- Enlarge my network of people for my new PR role at the Toastmasters club and master the skill of public speaking
- Keep blogging and be open to new ideas by other bloggers in the blogosphere world
- Take a class or learn a new hobby (look into Photoshop, make up, or art related short courses)
- Try out recipes that i’ve collected in the past from magazines or bloggers, to improve my cooking skills
Photo source: We heart it